For my summer pinterest challenge back in July Rodney and I finally got round to tackling out kitchen pantry doors. They were more trouble than we thought as they needed to be resized, which meant they took a lot longer than expected. So when we left off we had only done one coat of paint, they needed handles and some way to stop them swinging open, and they looked like this:
Pretty good but not quite there, notice how they don't quite sit closed properly, here is a reminder of what the room looked like before.
First we attached the handles, which we had picked up on sale for 50p each in a shop in Morningside:
Then we attached wood to the frame to stop the doors swinging inwards and attached a magnetic fitting to hold the doors in place as well as the bits of metal onto the door to stick to them.
Finally we gave them another coat of paint and here are some more pictures of the inside with the chalkboard finish, we have been using it for a weekly planner, a to do list and a shopping list. It's quite handy to have a reminder of all those little things we have talked about needing to buy or do.